|All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. Company is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
The Programmer/Analyst collaborates with business partners to develop and integrate our enterprise applications, continually improving the end-user experience. This includes proprietary enterprise applications designed and developed in-house as well as third-party applications hosted externally. American AgCredit is delivering business value through DevOps/Agile teams where we are implementing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices with automated unit testing. We are accelerating our digital and customer experiences through on line banking/ cash management, customer portal, and mobile application (iOS and Android) development.
A programmer analyst with C#/Entity Framework has the best skills to complement what the team now has. Entity Framework is a type of Visual Studio C# project that creates, reads, and writes to a database. This skill would be useful for saving and then reopening completed loan applications.
- Partner with in-house and cloud vendors to negotiate and customize business, functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience.
- Collaborate with Agile Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Testers, and other Developers. Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Design user interfaces by leveraging conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, demos, and diagrams.
- Participate in user research and usability testing to focus on improving the user experience.
- Improve the user-experience by applying best practices and industry trends in the marketplace.
- Be involved in all phases of the software development life-cycle adhering to industry best practices for developing high quality technical solutions.
- Participate in design / code reviews to help promote consistent quality coding practices and standards, as well as constructively improve secure coding.
- Additional, related duties as assigned.
LEVELS OF SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED:
Responsible for making independent decisions related to application structures, designs, and implementation within the best practices of team. At times will be lead developer on a project, with other developers and technical staff.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent technical competency.
- Minimum five years of developing software within the full Microsoft technology stack, including desktop and server systems.
- Professional experience developing solutions with the .Net framework, primarily in C#. Experience with VB.Net, MVC, Entity Framework is preferred.
- Knowledge of APIs and web services utilizing WCF, REST, SOAP, XML, JSON; experience consuming or invoking web services.
- Knowledge of MS BizTalk integration framework is preferred.
- Capable of writing simple/moderate SQL queries and exposure to MS SQL Server tools. Understanding of stored procedures, views, user defined functions and types.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and unit testing.
- Mobile development experience (iOS or Android) is preferred.
- Experience with financial transactions, fraud prevention and security.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking and build/release management.
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including UI/UX, configuration management, automated testing, secure coding, and quality assurance.
- Customer service, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to collaborate in an Agile team environment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize individual work load, troubleshoot and remedy problems under pressing deadlines.
- High attention to detail.