As part of the IT Development Group, the Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the development and integration of the Association’s enterprise application systems. This includes proprietary enterprise applications designed and deployed in-house as well as third-party applications hosted externally. In concert with the IT Applications Development team, will work with 'off the shelf' / in house enterprise applications, customizing and integrating them.
- Build, improve and/or maintain web based applications, console applets and integration solutions under the guidance of the Application Development Manager and Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Be involved in all phases of the software development life-cycle as an individual contributor adhering to Association’s standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Business Analysts, BI/SQL Developers, Testing, and other Analyst Programmers. Interpret business requirements and functional specifications as part of the overall program to fully integrate the Association’s enterprise applications.
- Create and maintain clear and concise technical specifications and documentation.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Provide assistance with testing and quality assurance.
- Assist team in resolving software and system issues.
- Participate in design / code reviews, to help promote good coding practices and standards, as well as constructively improve source code.
- Participate in project planning and estimation.
- Additional, related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent technical competency.
- Minimum three year of developing software within the Microsoft technology stack, including desktop and server systems.
- Minimum three year of professional experience developing solutions with the .Net framework, primarily in C#. Experience with VB.Net, MVC, Entity Framework is desired as well.
- Knowledge of web services utilizing WCF, SOAP, and XML; Experience consuming or invoking web services.
- Knowledge of MS BizTalk integration framework and building applications a plus.
- Capable of writing simple/moderate SQL queries and exposure to MS SQL Server Tools. Understanding of stored procedures, user defined functions and types.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and unit testing.
- API and mobile development experience is preferred.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking and build/release management.
- Foundational understanding of the software lifecycle and software engineering best practices, including specification, documentation, configuration management, testing and quality assurance.
- Good client service, communication skills and able to work in a team programming environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize individual work load, troubleshoot and remedy problems under pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.