The QA Test Engineer is generally responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
- Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles
- Execute and analyze automation test results.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Quality Center or similar tools/means
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Perform other functions assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science or BA with equivalent technical competency;
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background and an understanding of the finance industry
- Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language);
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, like WinRunner, QTP, etc.