|The Corporate Loan Accounting Manager provides oversight of the loan accounting functions related to the Corporate Banking loan portfolio. This includes: booking and modifying loans, participation and syndicated loan accounting activities, daily loan servicing activities, patronage processing, and frequent collaboration with branch Operations and Lending staff. Ensures accurate loan accounting and compliance with established department policies and procedures.
- Employs, directs and develops loan accounting staff through effective communication of Association’s objectives, delegation of responsibilities, job descriptions, and clear identification of expectations through standards of performance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of operational procedure manuals to ensure compliance with Association policies, separation of duties among staff, standardization of processes, and for use in training and documenting workflows. Works with other Accounting Managers to maintain and update the Department’s policy and procedure manual. Participates in Association SOX and internal control audits.
- Identifies, researches and proposes solutions to questions, problems and issues related to the servicing of the Corporate Banking loan portfolio ensuring accurate and timely resolution.
- Promotes and enhances loan accounting processes through continuous improvement and automation initiatives to ensure accurate loan accounting data, efficient processing methods, and timely reporting.
- Coordinates loan accounting system and other related loan accounting application changes/upgrades with Accounting Business Leads to include analysis, testing, deployment, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, or business with at least three years accounting experience or AA degree with at least 6 years accounting experience, or equivalent
- At least three years in a lead and/or supervisory position
- Strong analytical skills with very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including e-mail, word processing, automated accounting applications, and electronic spreadsheet software