Under the direction of the AVP Enterprise Services Manager, the Enterprise Application Support Engineer is responsible for the daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution for all the software components of the hosted platform. This position works closely with infrastructure operations and software development teams in order to provide end-to-end platform support and application management services. This role is also responsible for a general understanding of products, services and solutions (including market, trends and strategies) related to the Association’s application portfolio, platform and automation tools. Collaborates and engages in activities to assure knowledge development, sharing, leading, and integration within and across the organization as suitable. Where appropriate, the Enterprise Application Support Engineer will contribute to innovation and continuous improvement efforts to reduce operational costs relating to the Association’s application portfolio. Consistent sustained communication performance across IT and with Business Partners is required to ensure service excellence for the Association.
1) Lead the execution of application installations and upgrades following work instructions in great detail with the ability to analyze and identify potential errors in the instructions to ensure successful application deployments.
2) Knowledge of application interfaces and system integrations using APIs, ETLs, FTP, etc. to troubleshoot and resolve application operational issues meeting SLA targets.
3) Coordination of incidents, outages, and problems to full resolution including the documenting and entering of tickets in ServiceNow for incidents, outages, problems and changes.
4) Configure and support both test and production systems.
5) Develop and document processes to improve efficiency in supporting application systems and author knowledge base articles using the ServiceNow knowledge base system.
6) Ensures that software deployment plans are executed per the work instructions and reviews the plan before execution to resolve any potential issues.
7) Responsible for 24 X 7 support and monitoring of enterprise systems with demonstrated experience with scheduling and monitoring tool sets.
8) Experience coordinating with vendors in resolving and determining root cause of system problems in restoring application services.
9) Demonstrates ability to design, construct and analyze. Write basic SQL queries.
10) Strong attention to detail in executing. Execute tasks and providing update status to Project and Release Managers.
11) Takes ownership of issues and collaborates with Help Desk and development staff to drive issues to full resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent. BS in Computer Science/Engineering
2) At least 5 years of experience including demonstrated proficiency utilizing application scheduling and monitoring tools, resolving batch and online application incidents and problems while collaborating across IT to restore enterprise application services. Individual must have strong experience with three or more of the following: MS SQL Server, SQL Query language, FTP, HTTP, and Web Applications.
3) Good written, verbal, analytical, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
4) Knowledge of loan accounting or loan origination would be an advantage
5) Experience in the finance industry would be an advantage
6) Demonstrated experience being a team player
7) Exhibits excellent time management skills by managing multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
8) Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do.
9) Must be able to work the occasional weekend, holiday and after hours support.
10) Travel up to 10%.