|Client is researching new technologies and developing the architecture for the next generation Smart Data Centers to support their mobility vision.
We are seeking a highly qualified and talented researcher who has proven experience to research new innovative infrastructure solutions or evaluate new and emergent technologies for multi-national enterprises.
As the infrastructure lead architect, you will research new technologies, architect and design the global infrastructure to support new business requirements and objectives from various subsidiaries, and propose suitable infrastructure architectures to stakeholders. This individual is expected to draw up design specifications, create polished technical documentation, implement proofs of concepts, etc.You will lead infrastructure design and blueprints efforts.In addition, the position requires impeccable communication skills to engage broadly across a number of subsidiaries. This position reports the Chief Architect.
Responsible for researching new and emergent technologies that provide the most cost-effective designs and quick time-to-market solutions for next generation infrastructure.
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Create detailed design and configuration blueprints for complex managed infrastructure solutions (storage, compute, virtualization, etc).
- Work on Infrastructure services, strategy and design, and participate in building compute, storage, network, and security infrastructure in private, hosted private and public clouds.
- Work closely with a variety of teams and different entities to assess, advise, and architect data center and cloud services solutions.
- Work on various cloud initiatives such as transformation, standardization, consolidation, convergence, migration and optimization of data center infrastructure.
- Document and communicate infrastructure requirements for the enterprise.
- Assist in implementation planning and capacity management, optimizing the platform for performance, reliability, and cost.
- Stay current, go out and review new technology, then complete the idea evaluation life cycle:
- Gather requirements from the business and engineering teams.
- Come up with great ideas that would meet those requirements, both internally-developed ideas and ones they could procure through vendors.
- Thoroughly validate each idea to see if it’s feasible.
- Get quotes, estimates, PoC’s, and implementation plans for feasible ideas.
- Then sell the best solution to the organization.
- Be the standards guru. Bring all of the systems into compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- Define the technology 3-year roadmap.
- Document architectural standards and technology framework.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 10-20 years of increasingly technical work experience or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in technology companies and/or research environment is a big plus.
Must have experience with 5000+ servers, preferably 10,000+.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive experience in onsite data center operations as an architect or hands-on manager.
- Expert in researching and evaluating new technologies and be able to bring them from conceptual to operations.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure webscale 24x7 production environments including planning, design, implementation and operations. (including but not limited to network, storage, compute, virtualization and cloud systems) and IT Services.
- Expert level experience with public and private cloud services (i.e. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware etc.)
- Subject matter expert in one or more of these areas:
- Big Data: Hadoop 2.x, Kafka, Spark, HBase, etc
- Elastic Search
- Data Center Virtualization
- Containers, Kubernetes, OpenStack, SDN
- Middleware: MQTT, RabbitMQ, HA Proxy, etc
- Knowledge of the following technologies and applications: Windows / Linux Server, Block Storage Arrays, FC Networks, Puppet, systemd, common disk file systems, system and network security, IPMI, containerization, data center power infrastructure, and common Internet services industry best practices.
- Experience with Configuration Management and CI/CD. Salt and Jenkins preferred.
- Knowledgeable about collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decision.
- Understand and implement API. Knowledge of API maturity, implementation, reliability and scalability.
- Ability to produce effective and meaningful documentation for technical issues, turning complex operations into clear actions. Present developed materials to a variety of target internal audiences from executive summaries to technician instructions.
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot high-level, complex and technical problems.
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead the technical network side of various IT projects. Efficient in creating roadmaps, strategies, blueprints and timelines.
- Must have strong work ethic, strive to satisfy stakeholders, and possess ability to operate independently and timely with minor supervision.
- Strong soft skills including verbal communication, leadership, and consulting.
Certifications and Licenses:
- TOGAF Enterprise Architecture or equivalent.
- Security and Risk certifications (CISSP, CISM, CompTiA, GSEC etc.) a plus, but not required.
- ITIL or DCIM.
- Technical Vendor Certifications Preferred.