|_Other - Out of State|
|The Instructional Designer is responsible for the overall planning and design of instructional management systems, including evaluation and design of both traditional and new eLearning material, educational podcasts, videos and other related content that supports the professional and leadership development of Company employees. The scope of the role includes design of new learning programs, as well as refreshing/revamping established company programs as well as implementing feedback mechanisms and development of training strategies to effectively train others on how to deliver learning material.
1. Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
2. Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs and define objectives for a course and/or curriculum
3. Set instructional end goals and outline the concept for a course or curriculum, defining (needs for) the course medium, content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials, and complementary learning approaches
4. Quickly synthesize and create course content based on input from subject matter experts, written material, previous training course, interviews, etc.
5. Use PowerPoint or similar tools to visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and draft screen layouts, graphics and interactions appropriate to the content that represent desired finished product
6. Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
7. Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
8. Proof course at multiple stages of development and make or document required changes
9. Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
10. Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course and increase learning and retention
11. Maintain project documentation and course folders
12. Work with subject matter experts and course sponsors to collect feedback and integrate it into the next course draft
13. Performs other duties as assigned
Would you like to apply to this job?